Learn how to compete globally! A FREE two day workshop on export sales, finance, and logistics solutions.
In this economy you cannot leave any stone unturned. Act now to learn the export basics or brush up on key export topics. At this event, you will:
· Learn the basics of the letter of credit and other international methods of payment.
· Learn about Pricing Strategies and how to offer financing to your foreign buyers to increase sales
· Learn about the role of the freight forwarder.
· Learn how export credit insurance can be used to decrease risk, reduce transaction cost and increase sales.
· Hear from experts from the U.S. Department of Commerce, U. S. Small Business Administration.
Although it is best to attend both days, the two days do stand alone and you can attend one or both days.
Day 1 (Jan 27) will be a day of training on the how- to of exporting
Day 2 (Jan 28) will be a day to hear from experts on how to deal with specific markets.
Eric Wolff of the US Foreign Commercial Service has returned from a six year tour of China where he helped US Companies enter the difficult market of China. He will only be available for a couple of months before he returns overseas. If you are considering going to China, come learn of the difficulties and how to overcome those issues.
Dana Hicks is the Honorary Counsel to Canada, NC's number one trading partner. Dana is also a well respected expert and consultant in taking a business to an international market. She can share with you the reasons you should consider Canada as a market. If you are starting to export, come find out why you should consider Canada.
An electronic copy of The Basic Guide to Exporting will be furnished.
Lunch on Thursday will be provided by SunTrust Bank and Trust
Dates: Thursday and Friday, January 27 & 28.
January 27, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
January 28, 9:00 am - 12:00 pmLocation: Enka Campus, Haynes Center, A-B Tech